Skip to main content

Abhinava Ajamila or New age Ajamila -2



1/26/09


Abhinava Ajamila's plan of remembering Lord and chanting His naamam at the last moment of his life was not successful because he never practiced remembering Lord. 

Bhagavan told in Bhagavad Gita " Anthakaale cha maameva smaran" meaning "you have to think of me (all your life and) also at the time of leaving this body". That word cha has very deep meaning. Bhagavan could have said "anthakale maameva smaran". He purposefully added that small word cha to tell us that we have to think of Him through out our life, and also at the time of death. And what is the upaayam or trick to be able to think of Him at the last moment of our life? All life we have to train ourselves to think of him or we should practice "Niranthara smarana".
 
Sree Ramakrishna paramahamsar advises us to imitate Bhaktha Prahlada and not Ajamila. He says

 "Imitate Prahlada and start remembering him from childhood. Incorporate Him in every event, every moment in your life"
 
In Varaaha Puraanam, Varaaha Murthy assures that when His bhaktha or devotee who remembered and worshipped Him through out his life becomes unconscious or memory loss happens for any other reason, 

"Aham smaarami madbhakatham, nayaami paramaam gathim" meaning God himself will think of the bhaktha (instead of him thinking of Lord) and gives him paramagathi or moksham.
 
What this means is remembering God at the time of death is essential to get moksham, but if a life long devotee fails to remember Him by any reason, instead of the devotee remembering Him, He will remember the devotee and never let the devotee go back in to the miserable cycles of birth and death. If the Lord thinks of us, what else do we need?
 
Kanchi Chandrasekhara Sarasawthi Swamigal  advises to think like this;. 

"when I am so healthy and now if I do not remember and worship you , how will I remember you when I am in my death bed when none of the senses are with me? Bless me to think of you continuously in my life- journey.  I may not remember you in my last moments, but please remember me . In my death bed, so many people will surround me and say :

Can you recognize me I am your daughter, son ,wife/husband etc? Similarly, oh my Lord ! may you come in front of me and say I am your parama bandhu which will take me to paramapadam."
 
There is no specific time to think of Bhagavan. Bhagavan Himself says: "Thasmaad sarveshu kaaleshu". or "Think of me all the time."
 
 
Sreekrishnaarpanamashtu




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shathaabishekam

6/21/08 When is Shathaabhishekam celebrated? When it should be celebrated? We have heard about different versions of when it should be celebrated, when you complete 84 years, or when you complete 81 years and 10 months or when you complete 83 years 4 months. Shathaabhishekam is celebrated when a person sees 1000 full moons lives through 1000 full moons in his life. Since it is a mathematical calculation, there should only be one answer. Then how are we having all these three answers? (It really does not matter when you celebrate, but out of curiosity to know the reason behind the celebration, I did some research and I thought some people may share my curiosity. Of all the explanations I read I liked the one given below.)   Here is a convincing explanation based mainly on a question -answer series in Bhakthapriya magazine published by Guruvayur devaswom. For clarity, I am trying to express it as mathematically as possible.   Number of full moons in one year = 12   So n

16 names of Lord Vishnu

16 names of Lord Vishnu 4/26/08 These are 16 names of Vishnu to be remembered at different occasions. It is said that sabda (sabda), sparsha (touch), roopa (form), rasa (taste), gandha (smell) and the positive energy or vibration coexist with words. Repeated chanting of each word with bhava creates different results in our body since effort to utter each word uses different muscles and brings different effect in the saadhaka. Chanting can be done like in the naamaavali: Om Vishnave Nama:, Om Janaaardanaaya nama:, Om padmanaabhaaya nama: etc. We will try to analyze the meaning of each name. May be Vishunsahasranama interpretaions will help us. . When taking medicine think of Vishnu Before eating think of Janaardana Before going to bed think of Padmanaabha During marriage think of Prajaapathi During fight or controversial situations think Chakradhara When you are away from home or NRIs like lot of us think of Thrivikrama At the time of death try to think of Naarayana When you are wi

വെയിലുകൊണ്ടുനിന്‍ പൂവുടലയ്യോ - Veyilukondunin Poovudalayyo