Skip to main content

An interview with ocean or samudram





This is an imaginary interview between Jeevathma and the vast oceans of the world. 

Jeevathma: Respected Ocean or Samudram, I have a question for you.

Samudram: Who are you? What is your question?

Jeevaathma: I am an ordinary Jeevathma. Thank you for giving an opportunity to talk to you. Can I ask you what is the meaning of your name "samudram"?

Samudram: Jeevaathma, I am not surprised that you do not know the meaning. The dictionary meaning will tell you that I am "a collection of waters" or "a confluence" or something like that. That meaning is not wrong. But I am much more than that. I am Bhagavaan's nature it self.

" In the beginning, there was darkness hidden in darkness, all the Universe was unillumined sea" this is what Rig Veda says about me.

There existed nothing other than Paramaathma thatvam and then I came into existence from that Chaithanyam or I rest with in Bhagavaans'nature just as you rest in Bhagavaan's nature.

Jeevathma: Why do the rivers always travel in a hurry to join you?

Samudra: Because they were born from me and they ultimately want to reunite with me. Listen, first clouds are born from me when I supply water vapours, then clouds give birth to rains and rains give birth to rivers and streams. Then they come back to me to unite with me.

Jevaathma: It is very interesting. What lesson I should learn from you while watching your magnanimous behaviour? So many things are coming to my mind and I am not able to internalize anything effectively. Please help me.

Samudra: I will tell you in a nutshell for a very ordinary jeevathma like you who live in this Kaliyuga. I will tell you a secret. I have so many auspicious gems and pearls hidden in me. With their own capability and strength, these small pebbles rolling with the river and straws flowing on the top of the river can never contact the gems hidden with in me at great depth. But they join the rivers and come along with them to have the satsangam of the gems and pearls.

Similarly, you are a Jeevathma who may find it hard to get in contact with the most auspicious blue stones hidden in the ocean called Paramaathma. We call these blue stones, Krishna or Krishnakrupa (kindness of Krishna). With Bhagavaan's blessings, you can travel along the river of Bhakthi or devotion to reach the ocean of Paramaathma and stay in contact for ever with the blue stones or even become a blue stone yourself. It all depends how intensely you desire to be in contact with the brilliant blue stones. Come along the path of devotion continuousy rememebring Him (niranthara smarana) and you will never encounter any problems! Hope you understood what I meant.

Jeevathma: I am slowly getting it. May Bhagavaan bless me to understand, internalize and go forward towards Him! Thank you so much. BhooyO BhooyO namaamyaham!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shathaabishekam

6/21/08 When is Shathaabhishekam celebrated? When it should be celebrated? We have heard about different versions of when it should be celebrated, when you complete 84 years, or when you complete 81 years and 10 months or when you complete 83 years 4 months. Shathaabhishekam is celebrated when a person sees 1000 full moons lives through 1000 full moons in his life. Since it is a mathematical calculation, there should only be one answer. Then how are we having all these three answers? (It really does not matter when you celebrate, but out of curiosity to know the reason behind the celebration, I did some research and I thought some people may share my curiosity. Of all the explanations I read I liked the one given below.)   Here is a convincing explanation based mainly on a question -answer series in Bhakthapriya magazine published by Guruvayur devaswom. For clarity, I am trying to express it as mathematically as possible.   Number of full moons in one year = 12   So n

16 names of Lord Vishnu

16 names of Lord Vishnu 4/26/08 These are 16 names of Vishnu to be remembered at different occasions. It is said that sabda (sabda), sparsha (touch), roopa (form), rasa (taste), gandha (smell) and the positive energy or vibration coexist with words. Repeated chanting of each word with bhava creates different results in our body since effort to utter each word uses different muscles and brings different effect in the saadhaka. Chanting can be done like in the naamaavali: Om Vishnave Nama:, Om Janaaardanaaya nama:, Om padmanaabhaaya nama: etc. We will try to analyze the meaning of each name. May be Vishunsahasranama interpretaions will help us. . When taking medicine think of Vishnu Before eating think of Janaardana Before going to bed think of Padmanaabha During marriage think of Prajaapathi During fight or controversial situations think Chakradhara When you are away from home or NRIs like lot of us think of Thrivikrama At the time of death try to think of Naarayana When you are wi

വെയിലുകൊണ്ടുനിന്‍ പൂവുടലയ്യോ - Veyilukondunin Poovudalayyo