Skip to main content

Habit



I am your constant companion.

I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.

I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.

I am completely at your command.

Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me and I
will be able to do them quickly and correctly.

I am easily managed--you must merely be firm with me. Show me exactly
how you want something done and after a few lessons I will do it
automatically.

I am the servant of all great people and, alas, of all failures, as well.

Those who are great, I have made great.

Those who are failures, I have made failures.

I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine
plus the intelligence of a person. You may run me for profit or run me
for ruin -- if makes no difference to me.

Take me, train me, be firm with me, and I will place the world at your
feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you.

Who am I?

I am HABIT born out of your innermost tendencies.

Author unknown

Note:

Habit is a behaviour pattern acquired by conscious and frequent
repetition of an action until it becomes involuntary and natural. The
source of all our actions is is our tendencies or vasanas. Desirable
Vasanas lead to desirable thoughts- then desirable actions- these
actions repeatedly performed becomes our habit. Bhagavan tells us to
sincerely surrender to him for the emergence of only good vasanas. Let
our Istadevatha bless us with the attitude of complete surrender! We
are incapable of changing our tendencies, but God who is beyond all
tendencies is there to help us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shathaabishekam

6/21/08 When is Shathaabhishekam celebrated? When it should be celebrated? We have heard about different versions of when it should be celebrated, when you complete 84 years, or when you complete 81 years and 10 months or when you complete 83 years 4 months. Shathaabhishekam is celebrated when a person sees 1000 full moons lives through 1000 full moons in his life. Since it is a mathematical calculation, there should only be one answer. Then how are we having all these three answers? (It really does not matter when you celebrate, but out of curiosity to know the reason behind the celebration, I did some research and I thought some people may share my curiosity. Of all the explanations I read I liked the one given below.)   Here is a convincing explanation based mainly on a question -answer series in Bhakthapriya magazine published by Guruvayur devaswom. For clarity, I am trying to express it as mathematically as possible.   Number of full moons in one year = 12   So n

16 names of Lord Vishnu

16 names of Lord Vishnu 4/26/08 These are 16 names of Vishnu to be remembered at different occasions. It is said that sabda (sabda), sparsha (touch), roopa (form), rasa (taste), gandha (smell) and the positive energy or vibration coexist with words. Repeated chanting of each word with bhava creates different results in our body since effort to utter each word uses different muscles and brings different effect in the saadhaka. Chanting can be done like in the naamaavali: Om Vishnave Nama:, Om Janaaardanaaya nama:, Om padmanaabhaaya nama: etc. We will try to analyze the meaning of each name. May be Vishunsahasranama interpretaions will help us. . When taking medicine think of Vishnu Before eating think of Janaardana Before going to bed think of Padmanaabha During marriage think of Prajaapathi During fight or controversial situations think Chakradhara When you are away from home or NRIs like lot of us think of Thrivikrama At the time of death try to think of Naarayana When you are wi

വെയിലുകൊണ്ടുനിന്‍ പൂവുടലയ്യോ - Veyilukondunin Poovudalayyo